Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Buying a '1980 TD

elliegirl
04-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Considering purchase of a 1980TD with very low miles. What shuyld i look for? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you. Mel
considering purchase of a '79 TD. Very low mileage.What should I look for in this old lady?

C.D.iesel
04-12-2005, 08:31 AM
ROAD TEST: TRANS SHIFTING?, MOTOR SMOKING?, ABNORMAL NOISES?, BRAKES STRONG AND SMOOTH AND STRAIGHT?, ALL ELECTRICAL EQUIPT WORKING?,
HEATER HOT?, AIR CONDITIONING COLD?, ALL THE VENTS AND BLOWER SPEEDS REGULATING AT THE RIGHT TIMES AND WITH THE PUSH BUTTON CONTROL?,
Service Booklet stamped and up to date?, customer service reciepts?

Now lift up EVERY floor mat and inspect the floor for water or rust - THIS IS VERY COMMON!

LIFT UP THE TRUNK FLOOR OR td CARGO PANEL AND INSPECT SPARE WELLS FOR WATER AND RUST

ANY BAD SMELLS INSIDE THE CAR?
SUNROOFS WORKING SMOOTHLY, QUIET AND ANY RUST UP AROUND THERE?
OPERATE EVERY ELECTRIC WINDOW FULLY -UP AND DOWN.

that should get you started, take a steno pad and make a lot of notes, print my list here for your inspection.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index