Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

UKPhil530dT
04-12-2005, 04:08 PM
I recently discovered a UK BMW website and found some good information about remapping diesels. I have booked mine for later this week based on the recommendations on the site and conversations with the person undertaking the work. Scheduled for Thursday 14th April. I will let you know how it works out.

SchnitzerM5
04-13-2005, 05:48 AM
10.45 am as i write this.. have you been out all night driving yer car with the remap?!!!

post up your thoughts here mate and probably the E39 board as well I guess (i aint visited that for a while!)

Do you know if the guy only does BMW's? I have a Volvo V40 diesel at the moment and wouldnt mind a bit more poke out of it!

The BMW's will have to wait for me at the moment :( still have one E30 left in the family so im not totally without!

But my Subaru Bugeye Imprezza turbo and Ford F150 Harley Davidson kinda make up for some 'fun' ! ;)

Cheers!!
Dennis!! West London UK!!

UKPhil530dT
04-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Simon came to Bristol today and remapped my car; he is very professional in his approach and is also very knowledgeable.
I drove the car on a brief test drive at 16:00 in Bristol which only gave me a brief taste of what had been done. The drive home let me get up to 70 mph on the M32 but the traffic was fairly heavy.
Inital impressions are that there is significantly more torque available but this is only really apparent in the higher gears as the car has plenty of grunt as standard in the lower gears.
Acceleration at higher speeds is very much faster and there is no sudden surge in the power band, just more of it.
I am very happy with what Simon has done but haven't been able to really assess the full impact. It's a bit like the first time that I drove a 911, everything is done in a very undramatic fashion, in relative quiet. It isn't until you look down at the speedo until you realise how fast you are travelling!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index