Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bevan
04-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Given the impressive air suspension and CATS damping in the new XJ range, would it be possible to apply the settings for the XJR to an XJ8 just by reconfiguring it using the 'global config tool' that jag dealers have. Im thinking that a slightly lower ride height and firmer damping when not cornering would help reduce the slightly floaty feling, and look nicer too.

Paul
04-23-2005, 11:40 AM
I know that Arden has a software package they sell to lower the suspension and recalibrate the damping but I don't know if a dealer has that capability or more importantly the willingness. I've been trying to find someone who can install the Arden package here in the US with no luck.

Russ
04-27-2005, 07:27 PM
I know you can have the suspension set lower by the dealer. It is a very easy job. If you located in New York I can tell you the dealer to go to. Ardens Suspension program is for the XJR and anyways there such a ripp off. But I have lowered my 05 XJR about a half inch at the dealer.And it just doesnt feel better driving wise it also looks great. Hope that helps.

Paul
04-29-2005, 01:08 AM
Can you give more info as to what they did and how much it cost.

russ
04-30-2005, 06:13 PM
They basically just plug into the computer i think. And just re set the ride height. It took the guy like a half an hour if that. And i gave him $100 plus i paid at the desk for a alignment.

Paul
05-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Sounds like this is something the guy does on the "side"? I called 3 local dealers around here (So. CA) and they had no clue as to what I was talking about. I have access to a WDS machine, if I can get more details that would be appreciated.

rebelreiver
05-16-2005, 07:14 PM
I just received my XKs unlimited (www.xks.com) catalog and noticed that they carry Arden. They are located in San Luis Obispo, CA and might be able to help with the Arden device.

Real Tech
06-18-2005, 08:07 AM
The suspension calibration is easy to fake out and lower the car.
When you use the WDS to do the calibration you measure the ride height with a special tool and then enter the numbers on the WDS screen. As you enter each number just ADD the amount you want the car lowered to each measurement. The computer will subtract this from the actual height and viola' you have a lowered car. Of course there are limits to the amount that can modified as the WDS program will flag numbers that are too far from the norm and require you to re perform the calibration.

scsimike
05-12-2006, 01:45 AM
Can you explain to me just what a WDS is and how I might gain access to one ?
Thanks in advance
Mike

scsimike
05-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Can you explain to me just what a WDS is and how I might gain access to one ?
Thanks in advance
Mike

RHankey
05-13-2006, 01:52 PM
WDS is the computer they plug into Jag's ODB-2 port to monitor and diagnose problems. Due to its high cost, it's pretty much only avaliable at your friendly Jag dealer.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index