Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone cross-shop X350 with Lexus LS430?

Grumps
05-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Curious what you all think about the two cars.

rebelreiver
05-14-2005, 06:09 PM
While I was waiting for the X350 to become available, in late 2002 I did look at the LS430. This was at the urging of several friends who are satisfied Lexus owners. Everyone I know who owns an LS430 is extremely happy with their purchase and indicate that they would buy another. The LS430 is well built, reliable and has many nice creature comforts. I was unable to gather any enthusiasm for the car on my several drives with it. It just lacked the spirit. The styling is not attractive to me either. This is subjective but thatís part of choosing a car.

I purchased my X350 in August 2003. It has lived up to my expectations and is a joy to drive. It has also been very reliable having only seen the dealer for regular scheduled service and extra oil changes and tire rotation. I expect to keep this car for a while and would consider replacing it another.

RHankey
05-16-2005, 07:36 AM
You're probably going to get a slight bias asking X350 owners what they think of the two cars, as I'm sure most like me, carefully considered both among other models when making their decision.

An LS430 is a fine car in many regards, but man, if I wanted a car that looked as dull and uninspiring as an Accord, I'd buy one - an Accord that is.

I've had my X350 (VDP) for just over a year now. It has far exceeded my expectations, and I'd get another in a heart beat. It's been a wonderful car. It has given me no problems, it's built solidly, and drives and handles very well. I still like the looks, especially the LWB versions that came out this year. Few car makers come close in matching Japanese car's feature sheets, but those the X350 include are well executed, and are more than plentiful for my needs.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index