Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

AKINOLA, KAYODE
05-28-2005, 07:24 AM
I parked the vehicle at about 1900hrs and tried to start it the next morning the engine cranked but failed to start. The local mechanics/electricians advised that it was the fuel pump that failed because they felt that it was not discharging enough pressure. I bought a fuel pump and the car still refused to start. They also said that it was the brain box that was faulty. I bought another brain box and it was also discovered that the brain box is okay. They troubleshooted and suggested that the security is the problem, the remote key was tested and confirmed working properly. The new suggestion now is that the key has expired. I don't know how far this is true. When the brain box is bypassed to enable injection nozzle open the vehicle will start and speed normally but the slow running will be erratic. The injection nozzles are not opening to allow fuel into the carburator. What will you suggest to be the cause of this refusal to start. Please advise what I shouold do. The vehicle has been down now for over 3 months.

Neil
06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
First off, your car has no carburator, it is fuel injected. From your not too help full description of the problem, I would suggest you replace the fuel pressure regulator (FPR). Failing this I would suggest a trip to the dealer. I know it is expensive but what choice do you have. You can keep trying the roadside mech and they will keep guessing. It will be cheaper on the long run to go Leventis in Apapa or Globe Motors in Surulere. Good luck

Babagana Mustapha
01-19-2009, 11:17 AM
My Merc C180 has been diagnosed to have problem of Brain box and it is not available in our local sparepart shops. How can I buy it over the net?

jorge
03-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi guys
I have a problem since I decided to wash the engine and chassis of my car (big mistake!). Mine is a 1995 C220.
After that it presented a problem with the throttle actuator so I replaced it, while doind this, we found a bad wiring harness, so replaced it. Once we did it, cranked the car and didnīt start. REading post on the internet we found that it might be a problem with the OVP so we replaced it and nothing!
Everything works fine, injection is working, we have fuel on the injection system and spark (new sparkplugs also). I really donīt know what can it be. Can you guys help me?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index