Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Phishing or the real thing?

examiner4hire
06-10-2005, 06:52 PM
I received the message below at a email address other than through roadfly.org on Thursday, June 6, 2005. My credit card was billed for my annual renewal on April 14, 2005.

Do you have a membership recordkeeping problem or was this someone "PHISHING"?

"Dear Roadfly Inner Circle Member, We were unable to renew your Inner Circle membership because your credit card was declined. Your credit card may have been declined because the expiration date has passed or your card may simply be over it's limit. As a result we are unable to process your Inner Circle membership renewal. Your Inner Circle membership privileges such as IP address privacy, email and Webspace have been temporarily suspended. Please update your credit card information online by visiting the following link and clicking on the "update credit card info" link: https://www.roadfly.com/membership/innercircle/update/ Thank you, Roadfly Customer Service Security Notice: Please note that the URL above is a secure encrypted URL. Also please note that the URL in your Web browsers URL bar displays the Roadfly.com domain name." Rudolph = Chili red with white top 2003 MCS, British built with German engineering and technology, (7sub21)

charlie
06-10-2005, 09:13 PM
We did send the emails out the other day and mistakenly a bunch of IC members who weren't expired got the email by mistake. It is real but it's OK to ignore if you know you're up to date.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index