Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : shouldn't XJ8 owner get a XJ loaner for service?

TD21
06-28-2005, 01:38 AM
I dropped off my XJ8 for service, but I got a X-type as loaner.

Eurotoys
06-28-2005, 08:48 PM
You are lucky. I have had my car for 3.5 years and have never received a Jag for a loaner. Usually I would get Enterprise cars, but the worst was a dealer owned loaner which was a 1998 Olds Achieva w/38K and pulsating brakes (Thanks Westlake Motors).
Mike

Real Tech
07-15-2005, 09:20 PM
In a perfect world that would be correct. Unfortunately the world we live in is sponsored by Jaguar and they limit the loaner costs in order to provide vehicles to all Jaguar owners so the X-type is the logical choice. Often, if the vehicle coming in for service has very low mileage you can ask your sales person for a sales demo and the sales department can absorb the additional costs over the X-type loaner typically provided but I wouldn't count on this if you have more than 10k miles.

S-Type_R
07-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Real Tech

A while back you posted this:

"We've been installing mufflers only for about $1500, not sure where they come from but I can find out on Tuesday.
The pulleys we are using are about $400. We just can't find a cheaper one.
We cut the factory forward muffler with a plasma cutter and remove the packing and reweld which gives just the right sound with the new mufflers.
We've ran S-type to S-type and these mods with no ECU work are good for at least .7 seconds as the modified car pulls away from the stocker from start to finish and is at least 8 car lengths ahead in 1/4 mile.
As for the costs, the pulley is a rip off but its the only game in town. The mufflers are actually reasonable considering that I put a pair of carbon fiber cans on my bike for $1200 and they are less than half the size of the auto mufflers and have no tricky bending involved."

I'm dying to know what kind of mufflers you installed. Can you tell me?

Thanks

lostideas
07-31-2005, 06:46 PM
ya you are lucky our customers get small econo boxes , or if they are lucky a ford tauraus

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index