Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Real Tech

S-Type_R
07-06-2005, 11:09 AM
Real Tech

A while back you posted this:

"We've been installing mufflers only for about $1500, not sure where they come from but I can find out on Tuesday.
The pulleys we are using are about $400. We just can't find a cheaper one.
We cut the factory forward muffler with a plasma cutter and remove the packing and reweld which gives just the right sound with the new mufflers.
We've ran S-type to S-type and these mods with no ECU work are good for at least .7 seconds as the modified car pulls away from the stocker from start to finish and is at least 8 car lengths ahead in 1/4 mile.
As for the costs, the pulley is a rip off but its the only game in town. The mufflers are actually reasonable considering that I put a pair of carbon fiber cans on my bike for $1200 and they are less than half the size of the auto mufflers and have no tricky bending involved."

I'm dying to know what kind of mufflers you installed. Can you tell me?

Thanks

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index