Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Frissen
07-19-2005, 02:01 PM
It was very interesting seeing the board cycle, just a few years back everyone wrote abot how excited they were getting their new M3's, mods and driving experience. Then people stared to track them so mod got more intricate, certainly GC made a huge come back. Later warranty issues, dealer problems and recalls started to invade the board. During the time, people have joined and poeple left. Now I see many leaving, many not knowing what their next car will be.

M3's are a strange phenomenon in the industry, so far I have lived 3 generations of M3, all with similar behavior. Poeple come in, love their cars and leave. Some return to the next generation M3 some don't. Here in Puebla most original M3 owners are driving something else, 645i, Porsche, or even Volvos. E46 M3's have cycled owners and most are on their 2nd owners already. Some have come up late, like my good friend Carlos in Houston who bought a pristine '04 with 10k miles just a few weeks back. Carlos for example, had an E36 M3, sold it, went other routes, SUV, VW and then came back.

Its strange how M3 ownership cycles, how people become fanatics of their cars and then leave. I have owned Porsches since 1992 and never left, nonetheless I left BMW and have not come back, not because of the cars, I like them, but mainly for personal reasosn, new design and dealer satisfaction, and sincerely, I won't own an M3 over a Porsche.

I guess its interesting to see a board cycle and we will wait for those 2nd owners, their mods, their findings and of course also those veterans who stayed and are the wise on the board.

StoneWalk
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
The e46M3 is near the end of it's ~6 year lifecycle.

There is always a frenzy around new cars, which matures into a owner community, a large portion of which move on as they adopt the next-new-thing.

It's natural. And healthy.

I'll be laughing as we get an e90M3 board with everyone talking about their wait-list positions and what markups they are paying :)

StoneWalk, Santa Barbara California

mjs1
07-19-2005, 02:24 PM
<p><font face="Fixedsys">

Mike<font></p>
http://members.roadfly.com/mjs1/track_loop.gif

spook
07-19-2005, 02:34 PM
...same cycle, although it's happening more quickly...anticipation, thrilled new buyers, some mods to improve it, now selling off to 2nd and 3rd owners and anticipation of the next great thing...

JIO
07-19-2005, 03:53 PM
who will post that they already ordered the car and it's arriving in 2 weeks but they have decided that now they don't want it.

Man, that made me so mad when they did that with the E46 M3.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index