Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Rob
07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Hello,

Here from the BMW E46 board.

Today my wife's 2001 C240 went in for A Service. While there we had a clicking noise investigated that began last week. The noise sounded as if it were coming from behind the center console or just below the steering wheel. Turns out, its the floor vents not opening properly. This is affecting the AC and it can be lost all together if the motor burns out. Dealer quoted the fix at $675.00 (Canadian dollars). Of course warranty expired three short months ago.

Any DIY's try this fix? I'm sure it could get messy with removing the console. Perhaps it's better left for the technicians. I just hate spending that kind of money on a couple of small plastic pieces. Gotta fix it though as the wife is pregnant and probably won't like driving without air in this 90 degree weather.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Latin Ecstasy
08-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Rob,
Have you tried getting a quote from a Mercedes Certified Mechanic? If that doesn't help you out, snag one of the Mercedes Benz technicians and ask him if they could do a side job...that's always cheaper for you and a good deal for them...Just an idea.
Thanks

theworkshop
08-16-2005, 03:47 PM
I wish that I could help. I run a mobile service for Mercedes Benz cars and SUV's.

Not sure about the canadian dollar, but if I were to send a technician out to service this problem, it would cost $425.00 USD

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index