Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Remote&Key replacement cost

BevanBrook
08-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Id like to bring up the cost of getting another remote control/flick key combo for an X350.

1. What is the cost of just going to the dealer and doing this.
2. Are there an alternate sources for parts
3. Is the x350 flick key/transponder the same as used on other models, eg current X and S type, if so how far back does this compatibility go.
4. Can separate key and transponder systems as used by older jags be used

The only postings on the subject Ive found indicate up to $1000 for a new flick key&transponder from the dealer, which seems totally excessive and Im sure hoping isnt true.

lostideas
08-03-2005, 10:38 PM
they arent that much , the remotes are on back order anyways there has been problems with them i think it comes out to 350 for remotes and programming , the none flick keys work from a 01 stype but the remotes wont

Real_Tech
08-14-2005, 10:29 AM
I see the remotes on E-bay all the time and they sell for less than $20 and the key at the dealer is less than $80, add another $50 for programming at the dealer and you can get the complete setup for less than $150.

Bevan
08-15-2005, 04:56 PM
The separate remote control will work with X350? When the remote and key were integrated into the nifty flick key the functionality and frequencies were unchanged, just the ergonomics.

Seamus
08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Just ordered a new integrated key/remote from my dealer $133 for the key + 85 for the programming. Yes they are on backorder

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index