Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 1993 190E 2.3 - Replacing head gasket

paprovince
08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Anyone have experience taking the cylinder head off a 190E? This is the first time I've ever done engine work and I'm having problems.

I'm following the Haynes guide for 1984-1988's and also an online service (alldatadiy.com). Everything has been disconnected according to the books, but something on the intake side is still apparently attached. When I pump the hoist I can see the exhaust side seperating slightly, but the intake side stays firm. Any advice, I'd appreciate.

James Williford
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Make sure that EVERYTHING is disconnected, i just finished replacing the head gasket only to find out it is the head that is cracked :-/, but it is a fight to get it out so double check all connections to make sure they are all off, you learn alot about how to put it back together and take pictures when you take it apart in stages

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index