Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index


Daniel H
08-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Hello, I just bought myfirst 123 last week. It's a 82 300CD, I love the car to death. My question isn't about this particuliar model, but about a 123 wagon. The wagon has the rear hydraulic suspension which costs lots to fix, anyways, does anybody know of a kit or a way to convert to a regular shock suspension. There has to be a solution to this. I know the hydraulic shock is very very short, so finding a match may be difficult, Anyways, thanks in advance for any info that can be provided, I've completely enjoyed my first benz.
Thank you,
Daniel H

08-09-2005, 08:53 PM

the floor is different and as you already know the shock design unique
for load leveling.

Really pretty simple system to repair unlike that of the 6.9 with leveling on all four corners. But one that's been abused with incorrect oil and just rotten parts could total more than value of car easily.

and unlike BMW early 6-series that did have a hyd. leveling system that could be changed to coil spring and conventional shocks. The BMW with and without leveling had the same under floor and control arms. Not so with the M-B 300TD

my 'new' Touring - nice coil springs all-round

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index