Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Steve (UK)
08-17-2005, 03:20 AM

SchnitzerM5
08-19-2005, 06:59 AM
prices are ridiculous! there again, they always have been though aint they!

I filled up at Heston services for some super unleaded for the WRX at 99.1 pence /litre! I'm sure in London some places must be more than a pound but I've never yet seen those prices ..

Someone recently posted up an upto date fuel price list according to country - turns out according to that, UK is 5th most expensive in the world. Holland was most expensive, followed by Sweden norway and some others I can't remember!

I always say on these boards to the mainly USA and Canadian posters they should stop moaning! they are paying record prices for their countries granted, but they're still like 50% less than us! it's the dam 75% added on tax which makes us so dam pricey - no government will ever reduce it, it brings in too much dosh for the coffers for them to do that!

It's also the reason I'm selling my 5.5 litre Harley Davidson Ford F150! you DONT want to know how much I was paying to fuel it!!!!

My volvo diesel makes me feel better though! - now if only they made a really fast diesel ... hmmmmm

Dennis! West London UK!!

Steve (UK)
08-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Friend had an '05 330Cd Sport Auto as a loan car whilst his 330 was being repaired, big thank you to the drive of the 206 who rear ended him at a roundabout!!!

Anyway he let me have a drive, bloody hell it went so well even sounded good!! Lot quicker than the E60 530d I had on an extended test drive. Best part was I was 'raping it' around like there was no tomorrow side ways out of corners etc and it refused to drop below 37mpg!! when I drive my 5 like that I'm lucky if I see 20mpg.

I can imagine how much a 5.5L is costing you! my 2.8L is getting through enough and my father with his E39 B10 4.6 V8 which requires a diet of Shell Optimax is certainly getting through a few ££'s worth too.

Cheers

Steve
09/97 528iA SE 5sp Steptronic
Comos Black with Sand Leather Interior
Full Alpina Bodystyling
Full Alpina Suspension
18" Alpina Alloys w/Conti Sportcontact 2ís
ACS Mirrors
Shadowline Trim
Clears all round
RD Strut Brace
RevHigh CAI
M5 Grills
DDE Angel Eyes
Neat Comm. Phone Console

SchnitzerM5
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
and I went for a spin in that and was very very impressed! there's no doubt it's a fantastic engine and the E46 looks very nice. My bro had a X plate 328i E46 Coupe about 2 years ago on which we put on 19inch AC Schnitzer type 3's and lowered about 40mm which looked fab (have pics somewhere) and the reviews of the 330d coupe show it not far off the performance of a 330i petrol - just can't afford one of those at the moment.

me and my bro kinda share cars, the Harley F150 is his, had it about a year and I drove it every so often. I have the volvo v40 at the moment after my 525i Sport went to breakers heaven. Bought a 2002 WRX as replacement for when the truck sells and probably then get a high miler volvo v70 3-4 years old for beating around in.

I'll buy myself something 'sweet' once I get my business up and running - got my eye on a few things! ;)

I know I've asked you before, but where abouts are you again?! I think last time you still had your E34 and were looking for the E39 that you have now.. I remember Newcastle upon Tyne kinda area?

This UK board is very slow.. i always check it every coupla days or so though.. i prefer this board's format compared to some of the UK based ones. Have they improved?! if so, which other boards do you visit? I might take a moozy on over !

cheers for now!
PS - that Alpina B10 is sweet!
Dennis! West London UK!!

Steve (UK)
08-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Dennis,

Yeah I used to have a superb '91 525iA SE with sorted suspension and 17in staggered Style '5' diamond metallic black - I loved that car. What happened to your Sport?

First made contact with you over on the E34 board you kindly offered me some advice on my suspension mods, that was way back in 2002!!

I'm a southern mate, Brighton on the south coast.

My E39 along side my Dad's B10 was featured in Total BMW March 04 you might have seen it? Sounds like you and your brother had a cool agreement sharing cars! My little brother has a '98 E36 328i Sport which is mint, took us a long time to find and god that car is swift.

I used to use www.bmwland.co.uk a lot but like you found the format bad, logging in etc but mostly the people on them put me off bad advice, big heads etc find roadfly the best by far!! so easy to access to.

Cheers

Steve
09/97 528iA SE 5sp Steptronic
Comos Black with Sand Leather Interior
Full Alpina Bodystyling
Full Alpina Suspension
18" Alpina Alloys w/Conti Sportcontact 2ís
ACS Mirrors
Shadowline Trim
Clears all round
RD Strut Brace
RevHigh CAI
M5 Grills
DDE Angel Eyes
Neat Comm. Phone Console

SchnitzerM5
08-20-2005, 03:08 PM
but cos BMWs (and the like) are common over there in the USA and Canada most 'knowledge' applies to motors here!

My Sport was written off in Early Jan 04.. The A329 junction off the M4 towards Reading. Torrential Rain, crap on the surface, I know the bends and slowed down, but the back end still went out and I spun to hit the barrier on the bend at about 40mph.

Copper said not to worry ' I was the 6th person that week' to come off. Was going to complain to Highways agency but couldnt be ar$ed, plus a few months later they 're arranged' the road so the apex was smoother.

If you lob over to the E34 board, scroll down about a week, I posted 4 postings of around 12 or so pix of my car - take a look and let me know what yer think!!

I do miss her - i badly need to get back behind the wheel of a BMW - if nothing more special hasn't come along of course! (working on that so watch this space over the next couple years haha!)

Brighton, used to visit when I was a kid, aint been there in ages! i like south coast though!

I'm sticking with Roadfly methinks! - oh and check out the 328i Coupe in the pix alongside mine! that was my little bro's! ;)

Catchyer soon !

Dennis! West London UK!!

marty 528i se alpina style
09-09-2005, 04:23 PM
hi there couldnt help reading your both views im in newcastle upon tyne super unleaded 95 upwards is 99.7 litre

SchnitzerM5
09-10-2005, 08:22 PM
loud music, an intake of Bacardi that would scare the doctors, chattin up 'newcassle' totty a couple of times during my university nights!!!

Seems like those 'lasses' like an Indian brown boy with a London accent!! pity i cant remember much else! haha!!

Welcome to the slowwwwwwwww UK board Marty! Great Scott!!! i just realised, Martyyy ...DONT drive your 528i at 88MPH!!!!

Dennis! West London UK!!

09-11-2005, 04:12 PM
thanks for the reply dennis ive been checking in on the uk forum since you and steve answered my quiery about the 528 plus im trying to keep busy until next week when shes ready

thats newcastle for u all nights and to hell with the days not speaking on my behalf mind
nice to speak to u again keep checking in matey

09-11-2005, 04:16 PM
88mph ???

Steve (UK)
09-12-2005, 07:39 AM

09-12-2005, 09:29 AM
oh i see
very good
any sighns of a new bmw for you yet ?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index