Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel lock?

e30Jeff
08-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Hey, visiting from the BMW board, I was changing the tires on my Mom's '04 XJ8, when I realized that the steering wheel dosent lock when the key is removed. In other words, when you jack up the car, the front wheels turn toward the side you are jacking up, causing the car to shift away from the jack. Luckly, the jack rolled with the car insead of the car rolling off the car, it wasnt a big shift, about 1", but it scared me for a minute regardless. Do these cars just not have a steering wheel lock, or is there something wrong with my Mom's car, cause i have never seen a car without a steering wheel lock.

lostideas
09-06-2005, 09:38 PM
xj8s dont have steering wheel locks ,the only newer jags that have them is the v6 manual s type which is discontinued in the US at this time , x types also come with steering locks

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index