Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

crick
08-19-2005, 08:46 PM

Steve Hammons
08-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Just get behind the wheel of it and unleash your inner pimp-ness

Moeshesa
08-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Will someone please explain to me why the portfolio cost so much. Are they charging this premium for chorme the wheels and putting some chrome vents on the side. It seems as if this is the exact sam car as the Super V8. The production version does not have the 21" wheels, the Champagne cooler, the glass roof or the red led lighting. Why would I buy this over the Super V8?

crick
08-22-2005, 06:13 PM
10 extra horses, the upgraded sound system, 4 seat configuration, premium wood and leather, sits lower and wider, chome exhaust pipes, side vents.

I agree I don't think these modest chanes justify the price. I've been working with my rep and I'm going to go for the SV8 with a few special order pieces-he thinks we can do it.

JMG1
08-23-2005, 09:51 PM

elshaddai7
08-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Will someone please explain why the Super V8 Portfolio costs so darn much?!! It's a Super V8 with 10 more horses, 20in chrome wheels, and, if you ask me, terribly mismatched leather and wood combination. I love Jags but i dont understand this one. $25,000 dollars more for what? Why shouldnt i buy a Super V8 and put my own 20in chrome wheels, keep the very well matched wood and leather combination, and the same 400 horsepower, and save myself enough money to chocke a horse? All you Jag lovers, please help me out on this one.

Kaptain
08-31-2005, 08:16 PM
press release from several months ago

Produced for the Super V8 Portfolio by Alpine it is substantially upgraded from the high-level systems already offered in the XJ Long Wheelbase. It has Dolby Pro-Logic II sound processing, with seven amplifier channels plus a sub-woofer. It offers greater output - and the latest amplifier and speaker technologies take sound reproduction quality to new heights. There are new, upgraded door speakers, a unique ‘centre-fill’ speaker in the front instrument panel, two additional surround speakers mounted in the rear parcel shelf, and an additional amplifier for the front mid-bass range, which gives a 2x40-watt power increase over the standard Premium ICE system.

Classiccars
09-01-2005, 12:43 AM
for a highly customized 1940 Lincoln Zephyr (at an auction last year). It's so he can say to the world, "I have this much money to spend on a car." And to have something that only a very scant few other people have.

Jim
99 XJ8

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index