Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

worf
09-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Went into the garage tonight about 2 hrs after parking the '05 XJR and saw that the lights were on (and no I didn't leave them on, heh). The switch was set to off.
Has anyone else seen this, should I be concerned? Don't want to go out in the morning to find a dead battery some day.
Thanks.

Time Exposure
10-04-2005, 05:16 PM
I haven't heard of this being an issue. Unless you have over 50k miles on the car, I wouldn't worry. If this happened to me, I would just document the circumstances (date, elapsed time, etc) and let the dealer know at your next oil change. If it happens all the time (and I know you're checking it now that it has happened once), then make an appointment with the dealer. BTW, how did you get the lights to turn off when the switch was already off? Perhaps the ever-technical application of a jiggle to the switch?

worf
10-06-2005, 07:47 PM
I started the car and turned the lights on and off, turned off the car...and it hasn't happened since, wierd. You are of course right, I'm poking my head into the garage all the time now to check....damn compulsive disorder I have.....

il_gazza
02-05-2006, 01:56 PM
hi there: is it possible you pressed (without noticing) on the remote control button to turn on the lights?
I have that button on my x-type key: i use it to find the right key where there is not enough light and I'm ouyside the car (just an example).
gazza

Louie
02-07-2006, 02:39 AM
You might have press the headlamp button accidentally while turning off your car or while it is on your pocket. Anyway, the light will only remain lit for 15 to 20 seconds if activated from your remote control and it will turn off automatically.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index