Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Top Gear XJR review

Bevan
09-30-2005, 05:56 PM
Anyone see the Top Gear review of the XJR on discovery channel.

Jeremy Clarkson set out from london (or coventry?) and vowed to drive until he 'got fed up with it, or something anoyed him', he basically got to John o'Groats in scotland the furthest place north you can get still loving it.

'Cosseting on the motorway but on back roads it seems to shrink to a 3 series size car that gives you big thrills.'

It was a very positive review overall. They also liked the euro-only XJ6 in a previous review, and Clarksons S-Type diesel around the Nurburgring is one of the best pieces of motoring journalism I've seen, and he liked the S-Type diesel in that.

Time Exposure
10-04-2005, 05:09 PM
I love Top Gear, particularly their British slant (much on Jags, Astons, etc). Too bad the segment on the XJR was so boring compared to other segments I have seen. Yes, Jeremy obviously likes the XJR, even getting somewhat excited about the car's driving capabilities. But the segment just didn't have the same pizzazz as the ones where cars are pitted against trains/helicopters/stop watches/homing pigeons, etc. The XJR came off as a capable car, but not as the exciting car it truly is. It was odd they did not cut back to the studio after the segment to comment further on the car. Overall, a positive review of a great car that just did not match up to Top Gear's usual entertainment capability.

pat
11-27-2005, 11:10 PM
would anyone have a video clip of this test?

pat
11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
by the way, I am asking for this video because I am a proud owner of a 2005 XJR. Great car and I would like to see how it held up to an expert.

Grumpster
01-21-2006, 02:53 PM

bctxjoe
04-27-2006, 08:39 PM
The XJR rocks! I'm a previous owner of a 2002 quartz/charcoal one. Had it for three years and loved every minute of it.

Now, I own a 2005 X-Type VDP. Not an XJR by any means, but more fun drive in many other ways.

wachuko
11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
You can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXJLvcvXkzw

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index