Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Experience fixing rattles?

Time Exposure
10-14-2005, 02:41 PM
I wonder if anyone can share experiences with the dealership in attempting to isolate and fix rattles while the car is under warranty? I have two random rattles that come and go, and I'm just afraid the dealer will tell me they could not duplicate the rattle to fix it. I'm trying to believe these rattles add character to a car full of character, but at 13k miles, it's driving me nuts!

Russ
10-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Can you tell where the rattle is coming from? I have on 05 xjr that was having front suspension rattle in the front. Dealer took care of it.

Time Exposure
10-15-2005, 12:52 PM
The occasional but loud rattle sounds like it is coming from the passenger side near the area of the lower dash/door. For lack of a better description, it is a low-frequency rattle as opposed to a constant buzz (I have one of those on the driver side at the upper dash by the door cap, but its not too loud). It seems to happen only over certain rough pavement, but not all rough pavement. This is why I wonder if the dealer will find it. I guess I should stop wondering and give the dealer an opportunity...

lostideas
10-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Be prepared to pay for the rattle if its caused by something needed to be "adjusted " or "insulated" Jaguar only covers such adjustments for 12month 12k , unless they find a faultly part such as broken retaining clip or other such items you may have to pay for the repair ,

Time Exposure
12-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Since posting this several weeks ago, the rattle subsided until yesterday when I took the car to the dealership for an oil change. When I drove home, the rattle was constant above 35mph, but not so loud that my Elvis Christmas CD couldn't drown it out. The dealer fixed it today at no charge. They said a cable from the radio to the dash was hitting the dash, so they wrapped it with foam tape. How technical...I just hope it holds for the 100 years I plan to keep this beautiful machine! Although, in 100 years, I may rattle louder than the car...

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index