Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Key Fob

skimom
11-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I own a 2005 XJ8L and IO love it. One of the key fobs stopped working and I don't want to drive to the dealer.I took it apart but there is no battery. Does anyone know how to fix it??

RHankey
11-02-2005, 08:23 AM
As indicated in the Owners Manual, you need to remove a screw that holds down the circuit board to see or get access to the keyfob battery.

Vic
11-05-2005, 02:22 PM
You can check the battery, but lots of them seem to stop working and need to be replaced and the new one programmed by the dealer.

skimom
11-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I just heard from my dealer that Jaguar key fobs are being recalled.

BevanBrook
11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Worth noting that they need all your remote keys when they do a replacement of one, so that all of them remain working. Knowing this can save a trip.

Seems to be the one problem area on X350s, the Car Magazine (UK) editor ran one for a year and that was the only issue he had too.

Time Exposure
12-02-2005, 08:37 PM
Mine just went out (sort of). The lock button ceased to work unless I first pressed the unlock button then immediatly pressed the lock button. Needless to say, UNACCEPTABLE for such a fine car. I took both fobs and the valet key to the dealer. They replaced only the one that didn't work. I hope the other fob doesn't act up (it gets used less). One day later, so far so good...

charlie
02-03-2006, 01:25 PM

Louie
02-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Jaguar have some problems with there remote controls from x-type 2001 to current xj and s-type models which uses the same type of remote. First, you must disconnect the key from the remote and locate the part number of the remote, i.e.1X43-15k601-AF. If the part number ends with AD or AF, you must go to the dealer and ask for a replacement of your remote if it is still on warranty otherwise you must buy a new one on your expense. The new part number is 1X43-15k601-AG. The issue was resolved by using this part number. If you want to learn how to program your remotes manually to your cars, just e-mail me at [email protected]

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index