Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Fast Phil
11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Has anyone heard about the Comp Pack wheels cracking or breaking? I have no visible damage to the tire, but the wheel is cracked and losing air. The dealer has told me that this can happen when a pot hole is hit, but I do not ever recall hitting anyting that would cause me to stop and check the tire for damage or a bubble.
I am just curious if the Comp Pack wheels are fragile or brittle or if anyone else has had this problem?

MY2NDM3
11-23-2005, 10:15 AM
I've only got 2700 miles on my car and I'm extra careful about where I drive and know every pothole around town. All of the 2700 miles have come from 2 trips to Toronto and back. Is your front or rear wheel cracked?? I'm not sure if the CP wheels are stronger that the 18" or 19" non CP wheels??

Goood luck getting them fixed.

Cheers

MPA33ION
11-23-2005, 11:26 AM
the tire that you cannot see? i have zcp's too and they are fine--ive hit a couple holes in nyc/nj alsoOEM...the best Mods

ChuckD
11-23-2005, 11:31 AM
If you look at the pictures of wrecked M3s on wrecked exotics.com you will notice that the barrel of the stock 18s breaks entirely away from the spokes in an impact.

Cast tends to crack and break.. the forged OEM 19s are likley much stronger and would tend to bend and tear in an impact.

Fast Phil
11-23-2005, 11:33 AM
I have not seen the crack, but the dealer says it is plain as day (also, the wheel is bent). It is not the tire, from what they say.
Passenger rear, with no damage to the front (makes it hard to believe it was a pothole)

MPA33ION
11-23-2005, 12:31 PM
the crevier parts board--as long as he has it u wont find a better priceOEM...the best Mods

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index