Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

b.chandler
12-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I noticed my throttle linkages were worn out. there are some posts that were wiggly where they attached to there plates. Can I get these? I looked on some parts sites and found no reference.
The other thing is a vacuum ?. Can the pump make a scratchy metal sound if it is bad? The noise sounds more like the power steering as itseemslike a rotational scraping and the vacuum pump has a pivoting arm?
My breakes locked up and did release after sitting for a while ( 1/2 or 1 hr.) Maybe check valve?
Glad to be here

Daniel H
12-18-2005, 01:37 PM
uhmmm.....the linkage will have some play in it. There are some bushings where the rod attatches to the linkages, the rod going from the fire wall, There's also some adjustments that can be made. As far as your brakes locking up, it's probably time to refresh the braking system, could be master cylinder, calipers, or brake hoses. I would go through and replace/rebuild everything, thats just me. I don't think the brakes would lock up because of anything vacuum related. I've got a 77 450sl doing the same thing, I'm re-doing the brake system right now, the calipers are the culprit in that case.

Good luck,
Daniel H

dembooks
12-19-2005, 03:45 PM
I agree with Daniel H -
most likely bad rubber fluid hoses, seized caliper pistons, rusty
brake pads not sliding freely in the calipers, and lastly, bad master cylinder.
Perform a complete fluid, oil, filter change to all the systems in this car before driving it.

b.chandler
12-19-2005, 09:02 PM
It is the master cylander. Iwill do a complete change of fluids. The previous owner was quit lame. He even let the window wiper scratch thewindshield

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index