Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : VIN question, Carfax maybe?? '86 190e 2.3

reggiestewart
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I just bought a 1986 190e 2.3. First off, I know NOTHING about Mercedes, but am decent with a wrench. I bought this car from a tow yard for $250 with no key, and no way to truly inspect it. I did turn it over by hand, so the motor is not locked. Also, I notice that the air cleaner was removed and there is a mess of coat hanger pieces, cotter pins, and other nice repair work around the intake area.

I have not have the car towed to my house yet, so I ran the VIN at the website below. This site says that the car is a diesel. Can someone confirm this? It looked like a gasoline motor to me, but I've never really looked hard at a Mercedes diesel.

Here's the VIN: WDBDA24D6GF265826

Here's the site that I used:

M-B VIN decoder (http://www.benzworld.org/modelguide/)

Any info, or even a Carfax, would be much appreciated!

reggiestewart
01-27-2006, 09:26 PM
CarFax had it listed as a gasoline engine. It even qulified for the "buy back guarantee"!

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index