Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it !

xowner
02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Hello all!
So finally it happened last week:
I bought my first XK.
It`s ebony/caramel trim with burr-walnut and my dealer promised me that the car will be produced in April and will be delivered in May.
It comes with the 19" Carelia wheels and with "Keyless entry".
It will be my first car with eight cylinders (current car S-TYPE Diesel - best car I ever owned) and I hope it is the right choice. I wanted to buy an S-TYPE again, but my dealer told me not to do so (new model 2007 ?)
well so it happened. (Wife will kill me, she doesn`t know it....)
I must be crazy: I never drove the car before, I just had the chance
to start it and sit inside for 10 minutes but I think you guys out there can understand. Sometimes dreams come true!
Now I start counting the days - uuh it`s a very long time till May
Regards
Gunter (AUSTRIA)

Jose'
02-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Be sure to let us know how you like it. They are supposed to be working on a new V8 diesel to be used in the XK, XJ, and S-type I hear.

xowner
02-10-2006, 04:58 PM
A Diesel in a "true" (Jaguar)sportscar ?
The V6D is a great engine and the coming V8D will be first choice
for us here in Europe when thinking about buying the S or XJ, but nobody wants a Diesel in US and most of the XK`s are sold there.
So I don`t believe it.
Regards
Gunter

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index