Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : removal of radio consol

jljeffrey1000
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Anyone know how to extract the ashtray and radio from the consol, although it looks similar to my old X type there seems to be some differences.

lostideas
03-03-2006, 01:01 PM
pop out shifter bezel and removed 2 t30 torx screws then removed the rear side vents on the rear of the console and remove 2 more t30 screws then lift and pull rear ward there are a few friction clips on the top in front so it might take a quick pull to remove , also you will have to remove rear console vent assembly to remove connectors ,

doog
03-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi Jeffrey,

I have a X-Type that comes off lease this year, and am seriously looking at a one or two year old XJR, since you've made a similar move, I would be most interested in your comparison between the two cars, and if you are happy you did it.

Thanks

Don

Louie
04-21-2006, 07:51 PM
You only need to remove 2 torx #30 screw located behind the rear
a/c vent and another 2 under the gear selector veneer panel. Just
carefully pull out the veneer panel and the rear a/c vent to get access. Once you remove the 4 torx screws, you can remove out the complete center console and have access to the radio and a/c control panel.

CARZ
07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Doog, i actually own both an X-type (3.0L) and an X350 (XJ8L), and i enjoy both cars.....each in thier own respect.

ofcourse the X350 rides smoother and pulls harder and what not, but it makes you feel very professional, the X however makes you feel very sporty. Once you sit in the 350 you will immediatly feel at home, not just because its that comforting, but A LOT of the interior is shared between the 2 cars, but its touched up a lot better. The piano black trim, wood, and some minor differences (such as in the gauge cluster) that look a lot better.

body lines are the same, when i have the cars side by side......its like having a picture of a woman in her 20's with a picture of that same woman in her 40's-50's next to her. Same lines just grown up.

if you can get the XJR.....then your definatly in for a big power boost (almost double)......but you definatly wont feel it beacuse the 6-speed is no where close to as jerky as that 5 speed

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index