Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

BMW7er
03-09-2006, 05:58 PM
...2002 ML320... Lease ended, it's been VERY reliable, with almost no trouble... About 48,000 miles...

The original factory warranty expires tomorrow. I need to decide whether to take the extended warranty.

My MB dealership offers a complete bumpter-to-bumper warranty, for 2, 3, or 4 years. They say it's the same as my factory warranty, except for the $200 per-visit (not per item) deductible.

Cost: $3,300.

That's $825 per year, or $68.75 per month. Fully transferrable, or can cancel at any time and get a pro-rated refund.

I plan to keep the truck at least another 4 years.

My concern: So far, very little has gone wrong with this truck. I don't want to feel like a sucker in 4 years if I haven't gotten $3,300 worth of use out of it...

On the other hand: As the vehicle gets older, there's more likelihood of spendy repairs. And I know all about the complaints so many have had about problems with the ML's.

My experience has been so good, though, and my wife wanted to keep it (she really hates the new ML design). So I decided to hang onto it.

I'd appreciate opinions... In my position, already having purchased the vehicle, would you pay $$$ for a warranty like this?

Thanks!

BMW7er
03-09-2006, 08:22 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index