Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

charlienmr
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
My quite reliable 04 XJ8 just passed 44,000 miles. Got it in December 03 and haven't had many problems since and certainly nothing major. The car is very clean inside and has just a few dings and nicks outside. I love it and want to keep it for as long as I can (especially given the depreciation on these things). My question is should I go for a Jaguar service plan or "self insure" against any major failures? Anyone gotten to end of warranty on their X350? My dealer is excellent and has taken good care of me. I know having a good Jaguar dealer is as important as any other thing about the car based on what many owners have said. The only problem is they have quoted a very high price for the Jaguar service contract. 6 year/100,000 mile extension, $100 deductible per visit (not per problem) Jaguar extra mile extended protection program, quote of about $4,300. Given how I drive, that's about three years coverage. I would appreciate any thoughts on my dilemma.

Charlie

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index