Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : a/c removal

brisjones
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
anyone know if there is a certain way to remove the a/c equipment from the center console and the engine compartment? or can I just rip it out.
there are rust holes in the piping so I am sure any gas in the system has leaked out long ago.

Geoff
03-28-2006, 07:43 AM
I dont believe there is very much but a switch in the console, but you can take everything out if you want to- I did
G.

mrelmwood
03-28-2006, 07:19 PM
The stuff under the hood weighs a lot. It will take a lot of weight of the front end. Caused my car to sit back a little.

The PO hacked most everything out and screwed up the wiring. Be alert for this. I had to take the Rad out to get the a/c cooler out. Car ran cooler after that. Fittings for the a/c can be a bit of a [Oops!] to get loose.

If you don't have to do the dash part, don't. That is where most of yer problems will occur.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index