Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 2004 VDP phone options

linklaw
03-31-2006, 08:49 AM
I just bought a 2004 VDP with the navigation radio. Does anyone know whether the car is prewired for Bluetooh installation? Has anyone installed an aftermarket Bluetooth phone kit in their 2004 XJ8? I just got a treo 700 with Bluetooth capability and do not want to switch to a Jaguar factory phone. Any help is apreciated. John

RHankey
03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
Owning a 04 VDP myself, I don't believe any of the 04's were prewired for Bluetooth. I believe bluetooth became an option for 05 models.

Vic
03-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Some wiring in car, Bluetooth kit available. Most dealers do not sell phones anymore.
I do not see a Treo listed as a compatable phone, although it may work without full functionality.

linklaw
04-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I checked with the dealer and was told that early 2004 cars, like mine, were not prewired for Bluetooth. Later 2004 models are able to have Jaguar Bluetooth installed. I guess I'll see about having a Motorola or other Bluetooth kit installed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. John

timeexposure
04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
When I asked the stealership a few months ago, I was told it could be installed on my '04 (mfg. 5/04, late '04 MY). The cost, however, was prohibitively expensive at over $2,200. I know I just spent a ton of money to get the car, but for hands-free, I spent $80 on an ear piece. I have also heard that the installed Bluetooth is not so reliable in terms of voice recognition and reception?

linklaw
04-22-2006, 05:27 PM
After screwing around for a couple weeks trying to figure out what I was going to do, I too decided that the Bluetooth headset was my best option. I fact, I had one sitting in my desk drawer. I dusted it off, charged it up, coupled it with my phone and Presto, I don't have to think about tapping into the Jaguar audio system any more! John

BIGJIM
04-23-2006, 11:13 PM
What "stealership" I mean dealership quoted you that price & also where did you get the misinformation as far as not being able to install Bluetooth in all the new cars, it must have been an independent as a dealer would inform you otherwise. There were a few of the early cars that did not come with the correct harness, but this is addressed by performing the bulletin to install the proper harness. Not many of the early cars had this issue.

RHankey
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Hmm, at risk of also being accused of being "quoted misinformation" (sic) from a yet another "stealership", I too was quoted a >$2000 price for the Jag phone option when I bought my 2004 MY car new from a dealership. The salesperson was quick to discourage me from even considering the option, and didn't even want to mention the price. I believe my dealer sold the phone option to only one 2004 MY XJ buyer that year - and they sold quite a few 2004's.

The 2004 MY Jag phone was not a Bluetooth phone, as I understand that Jag did not begin to offer Bluetooth until the 2005 MY cars - and even then with some exceptions.

As for retrofitting Bluetooth into any of the 2004 MY XJ, I wouldn't know.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index