Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : So happy: First drive this afternoon

xowner
04-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Dealer invited me to testdrive his new XK Coupe today - he himself got it a few days ago and I was the first to drive it (still have to wait for my own new XK till the end of May).
Dealer`s XK is Liquidsilver with charcoal leather and aluminium panels inside - looks very cheap inside (sorry to say), dealerīs second new XK (convertible) with caramel/burr walnut inside looks realy great..
Had the luck to drive it for half an hour on some fine country roads around my home town and it`s really stunning. When cruising the car is very quiet inside, just a deep but not disturbing burble from the exhaust but if you floor the pedal the cat awakens and people turn their heads but it`s also not disturbing. Tire noise inside (19")is ok also, ride quality is very fine and not harsh.
Seats are superb too and enough room for my legs as I`m tall (190cm).
And again for those who don`t like the front of the new XK:
Forget all the photos, you have to see the car in person, it`s pure
E-Type and there is no need for a meshgrille, Ian Callum did a very good job!
Regards
Gunter(Austria)

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index