Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

View Full Version : arden kits are in the works can't wait

05-05-2006, 11:36 PM

05-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Wow. That's one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

05-06-2006, 11:05 AM
That's FUGLY.

05-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Those air intakes are terrible...exactly what I'd expect on an aftermarket Civic, not a Jaguar. It interrupts the classic, clean lines of the XK while eating an even larger hole in your wallet. Arden needs to take lessons from AMG, which successfully improves on an already-attractive Mercedes' look in an aggressive, yet *subtle* way that makes a big effect.

__________________________________________________ _

Dallas & Lake Cypress Springs, Texas

2006 Mercedes E350 ~ Iridium Silver/Charcoal
AMG Sport Package (AMG suspension/wheels/exhaust/E55 front apron)
Premium Package (Nav/HK Sound/Moonroof/CD/Heated Seats)

2001 BMW X5 3.0i 5-Speed ~ Oxford Green/Black
Premium/Cold Weather/Xenons/Shades/DSP/CD
20" 4.6is Wheels/Tires, Clear Tails & Sides

Retired: '03 540i/6, '01 530i, SL500 AMG Sport, 328Ci, 330CiC

05-15-2006, 11:36 AM
I agree with the FUGLY, looks like a Pontiac from the pre Lutz cladding era. Too much going on here.

06-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Jose what is Fugly? I assume you refer to the arden add on bits or perhaps you have come around to realise the whole car is F... Ugly?

You sure are protective of Ian's design lines. Would make some think you had some hand in the styling yourself?

06-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Yea-the kit brings to mind "Pimp My Ride"

I had only wished that Jag would have just improved the previous XK8 instead of going to an entirely new design. I saved a bunch of money the other day when I parked my 05 XK8 (slate) convertiblethat I was anticipating trading in on the new 07. When I stood back, I made the decision that my 05 was a lot better looking then the new 07 and damn sure it was not worth the additional $20K or so more I would have hade to give the dealer plus my car.

So, as a very satisfied 98 and now 05 owner, I am keeping the 05---IMHO--it will be a classic now that the 07 has finally hit the street.

John Steed
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't know if this is a real car but it looks better than the Arden job..

06-10-2006, 12:50 AM
I just ordered a 2007 XK convertible. If the car had looked remotely like the photo of the Arden kits, Jag certainly would NOT have gotten my moolah. The Arden kits destroy the fluid, balanced stealth of the new car. (Still ..despise the "Gill Slits" on the sides..but I can tolerate one cosmetic flaw). Arden kits?...Looks like Ya oughta have a big boom box, and cruise the Red Light district. Could we add a stringer of mini-pompoms, swaying below the top of the windshield,..tooo? How 'bout gigantic furry dice, bouncing from the rear view mirror? Anyone wannnah add a "Spinner" on the steering wheel? . You can have the cheap race-car look by buying a Mustang...and a kazillion other cars. If you just want to truly define the meaning of "BOX",... go buy a Bimmer. I feel that the 2007 XK design will age very well.

06-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Based on the louvers in the hood I'd say it looks like an XKR mock up.

06-21-2006, 02:42 AM

07-10-2006, 12:39 AM
that was the jag concept xkr but i came out looking far less aggressive and kinda plain but hey its your 100K plus right ? lol

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index