Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

chilimac
05-23-2006, 04:58 PM
My 1998 XJ8 has had a problem with squeaky brakes that I can not seem to fix. The dealer told me the rotors were "glazed" and charged big buck to change the rotors. Problem fixed temporarily, but returned. After changing front and back rotors, on my nickel, was able to get dealer to change entire brake system. Problem fixed for about 1 year.

Now the squeak is back. Brake pad are fine.

Has anyone else experience this? Recommendations for how to fix? It is driving me crazy.

Mary
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes, it's driving me crazy. I have a 2003 vanden plas and it's been in numerous times for squeaky brakes. They've blamed it on my driving habits or the fact that jag is a roadster, not a city car. i've owned bmw, mercedes, lexus, my teens have honda accord and a jeep cherokee, and none have had squeaky brakes.

Gabriel
10-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Try doing 6 30mph-0 stops to warm up your brakes. Then do at least 6 hard 40mph-0, or a 70mph-50mph. It seems to work pretty well, you might have to do it once or twice a year.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index