Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Don't like the XK, at least go look at it - wow!

Mike
05-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I took my '03 XJR in for service yesterday and took the opportunity to look at and drive the new XK. Given my utter distaste for the X350 (new XJ), I was very pleasently suprised by the new XK. I like it a lot better than the old XK, and to me anyway, it is every bit what a Jaguar GT should be. My previous opinion was based on pictures; the pictures just don't do this car justice. Both the coupe and convertible are fantastic. It has that classic XK feel. Sitting in the driver's seat reminded me of the E-Type driver's set. Interior room is much better as is entry and exit, yet the outside of the car is smaller. I always thought the last generation XK looked a little overweight. It also has the proper front hinged hood.

So, before you right it off, at least drop by a dealer and look at one. The only problem now is I have to wait about 3 years to get one I can afford.

Its too bad Jaguar went the wrong way with the XJ8. The new XJ8's look like the older model after going on a diet of twinkies.

-Mike

Jose'
05-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Exactly how I feel about the car. There is no car in it's class that even comes close in looks.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index