Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

jonsonneborn
05-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I am looking for step-by-step instructions on how to do this job. Anyone have them or know where I can find them? Thanks, Jon

turborat
06-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Probably in the OEM manual. I bought a set a CDs from ebay for about $25. They have been helpful for many repairs to include ingnition lock replacement. I know that the evaporator replacement is a 22.5 hour job and involves a compleate dissasembly of the dash. My mother's 92 300CE has a leaky one also. I put some stop leak in the system and the AC has been working fine for a few months now. If you decide to replace it, I have been told that it is better to use an aftermarket unit that is all copper. The OEM unit is aluminum and copper. One does not have to be a chemistry major to know what will eventually happen as a result of electolosys.

1995 BMW 5401 6-speed
1978 Porsche 911
1986 Mercedes Benz Cosworth
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

apane
07-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I have the 2 cd set available and the cost is $20 which includes shipping. Easiest method of payment is paypal and my paypal id is andrewpane@sbcglobal.net.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index