Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : New Jaguar Audio Connectivity Module

linklaw
05-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Has anyone ordered or had installed the new Jaguar Audio Conectivity Module? It is part No. C2S 44674 and enables the direct connection of an ipod or other device to the fiberoptic radio. I inquired of my dealer, Rahal Jaguar in Pittsburgh, PA and they had not heard of it. WhenI gave them the part number, they looked it up and said it should be available here soon. May be available in the UK or other parts of the US or world already. Am anxious to hear the cost installed and any reviews. John

RMG
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, I ordered the Audio Connectivity Module last week. Parts guy had to call Jaguar to get the part released. No problem. Cost for the module is $317.50. Took my car in for a service visit today and to install the module, and, as you state, the service advisor knew nothing of the module, nor did any of the shop foremen. After reading the apparently 40 page installation manual, they've come up with five hours for the installation. Quite a variance with the earlier post claiming 289pounds "including dealer fitting". Had them call Jaguar and they concur to charge the hours. They're currently going through the exercise of comparing the remove & replace charges for everything that needs removing and replacing to see which is the lesser evil. More to come, I'm sure. Pretty expensive iPod I've purchased but the FM transmitter just doesn't cut it.

linklaw
07-12-2006, 12:14 AM
I installed mine myself and it took approximately 1 and a half hours. I imagine an experienced Jaguar technician could do the install in considerably less time. People who have posted on another discussion board about this topic have been charged between an hour and an hour and a half for the install by their Jaguar dealers. Any more time than that seems excessive. I would ask around at different dealers. John

RMG
07-12-2006, 12:36 PM
John, can you point me at the other discussion board? I'd be interested to see what others experienced. I get the impression that my dealer doesn't really want to do this. They're claiming they need to remove and replace the dash and center console and run a significant amount of cabling. Was that your experience? It does sound like I'm getting ripped off. Thanks, Ralph.

fullstop
07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
available in the States beginning August 7.

creekdog
08-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Why bother with an inferior sounding audio device. I understand the convenience but the overall experience underwhelms me.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index