Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Andrew
10-13-1998, 11:09 PM
I am looking to buy a 1993 740i but am concerned:<br>1) that is uses R12 refridgerant for the AC<br>2) that if it does, I can not repair it, or<br>3) if I upgrade the system to use R132a(?) I will<br>either have problems or lose efficiency. <p>Anyone have any ideas or know how I can<br>verify which coolant it uses?<br>Thanks Very much,<br>Andrew<br>

Rod
11-01-1998, 09:50 AM
<i>: I am looking to buy a 1993 740i but am concerned:<br>: 1) that is uses R12 refridgerant for the AC<br>: 2) that if it does, I can not repair it, or<br>: 3) if I upgrade the system to use R132a(?) I will<br>: either have problems or lose efficiency. <p>: Anyone have any ideas or know how I can<br>: verify which coolant it uses?<br>: Thanks Very much,<br>: Andrew<p></i>Andrew<br>The BMW documentation I have indicates that the R-134a was introduced in 9/92 for the US E-32, 740i, 740iL & 750iL.<br>Inside the engine compartment should be a placard/label with the refrigerant type and quantity in the system.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index