Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

lynden
06-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi everyone,,I have just bought a 1998 CLK 200 and I am having trouble with the Blower/Fan.The 10amp Blower fuse blows straight away and if I uprate it to 15amp the blower comes on immediately ,even though the system is switched to off ,even without the key in the ignition,and then the fuse blows after a few minutes.The blower obviously works and I can feel the heat from the vents.I only picked the car up today and its driving me mad cos the guy I bought it from never mentioned the problem..Anyone had a similar fault or got any ideas..Cheers

FELLOW
03-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Sounds like short from water ingress damage...common CLK problem...take to dealer...ask them to show U where the front left drain exits (as looking from the front with bonnet up it is top right down behind the accel. cable assembly..make sure its clear and no drip into the left front foot well when wet to prevent prob' in future sounds like it might need to be replace (mine did)!!.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index