Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

A.J.
12-01-1998, 09:29 AM
Next to the gear shifter on my used 750il, there is a button that says S-E-M. I'm pretty sure that they have to do with the suspension. The dealer said that "E" means "economy". I fail to see how the suspension relates to fuel mileage.<p>A little help?

C.Beier
12-01-1998, 11:11 AM
The S/E/M Switch is relevant 4 the AGS(AGC,Adaptive Gear Control). The E is the normal way 2 drive(normal = eco.). M is Manual, 4 the steptronic or the old system, U can select ur gear manual. S is Sport and means the engine runs higher and change the gears later in acceleration. The EDC switch is for the suspention. The AGS is learning driver-profiles a ajust and adapted the behaviour of the automatictrans.<p>cu cb

FS
12-27-1998, 09:25 AM
Your tranny has differnet settings that effect when it will up/downshift, and what gear it will statt in.<p>S= sport - shifts up higher, downshifts sooner<br>E= economy, just for normal, everyday city driving, maximizes fuel econ<br>M= a bit unusual, i have seen S E W, where the w=winter to start the car off in second gear, the M must= manual to allow you to shift your car manually<p>hope this helps, the 14yr old bimmer know-it-all<p><br>: Next to the gear shifter on my used 750il, there is a button that says S-E-M. I'm pretty sure that they have to do with the suspension. The dealer said that "E" means "economy". I fail to see how the suspension relates to fuel mileage.<p>: A little help?<p>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index