Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bullet
12-08-1998, 09:01 PM
Anybody have any info on the factory bulletproof 750iL?<br>Heard BMW is going to offer two levels of protection on the 7 series next year... can anyone expand on the subject?<br>Thanks

Ray R
12-23-1998, 05:43 PM
<i>: I heard the program is called something like "The BMW Personalization Program". If you have a knowledgable dealer (oxymoron?), they should be getting info on this new program. I also heard that it's been available in europe for a couple of years now.<p></i>

scalpel
12-31-1998, 09:00 PM
<i>: : I heard the program is called something like "The BMW Personalization Program". If you have a knowledgable dealer (oxymoron?), they should be getting info on this new program. I also heard that it's been available in europe for a couple of years now.<p>This model is called 740i protection. The similar version is also available as 540i protection. These cars are of security level II ie.can withstand attacks by normal calibre hand guns. The passenger compartment is lined with bullet proof material. These cars are identical to any ordinary seven or five. BMW indvidual GmBh can do all sorts of things for you on it.<p></i>

Mr. Resmini, famous RI lawyer
01-15-1999, 10:40 PM
<i>: Anybody have any info on the factory bulletproof 750iL?<br>: Heard BMW is going to offer two levels of protection on the 7 series next year... can anyone expand on the subject?<br>: Thanks<p></i>

Ernest
02-06-1999, 03:16 AM
<i>: As for the information from the BMW website, 2 'light armoured' BMW are available being a 540i, currently available in Europe, followed by an 750il available shortly. They are marketed as 'PROTECTION' models, details available from a BMW dealer.<br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index