Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Padilla
02-08-1999, 09:47 AM
I will be replacing the spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor on my 1990 735iL. The car has 59,195 original miles and I'm debating whether or not to change the ignition wires. I know I can check the resistance of each wire to determine if they're working properly. My questions is.....<br>Can someone tell me what the correct Kohm reading would be for each wire by number?<br>Should I replace the ignition coil as well?

8er
02-08-1999, 11:49 PM
Is the car is running OK after you replaced the plugs, cap & rotor? If so, you might consider: "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I recall spending around 50 bucks replacing just ONE oem wire (#6). These ain't Chevy parts were takin' about... <p>8er <p>jmtc fwiw

Callan
02-09-1999, 07:44 PM
Replace only what's worn. The wire set may well last as long as the car with alittle luck. This goes for the coil as well. If the resistance of the wires are below 5k they're probably ok. If you need to see things on a "scope" to really tell how the secondary ignition system is doing then pay a shop for use of their equipment.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index