Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Frank Roberto
02-09-1999, 09:17 PM
Sorry to waste bandwidth, as I know this has probably come up before, but what has been the collective experience w/Bosal vs Ansa replacements for my cat and resonator on an '85 US E23? Or are there other aftermarket alternatives? My shop guy says just run it straight w/o them, but I don't think so!<p>Thanks

Eric
02-10-1999, 01:41 AM
<i>: Sorry to waste bandwidth, as I know this has probably come up before, but what has been the collective experience w/Bosal vs Ansa replacements for my cat and resonator on an '85 US E23? Or are there other aftermarket alternatives? My shop guy says just run it straight w/o them, but I don't think so!<p>: Thanks<p>I posted a similar question a couple of days ago...this is not wasted bandwidth!!! Bosal and Ansa are just like stock (boring!). For the exhaust, free flow alternatives seem few (Tri-Flo is loud and $850, Stebro is quieter but still $800). I'm trying to find out of Supersprint makes a system. I'm starting to lean towards a custom (read as cheaper) system somewhat similar to Metric Mechanic's $1,100 system for the 533i/535i. That includes dual 50mm downpipes into a high flow (370cfm) cat with a 65mm single pipe exit and a 385 cfm rear muffler. The system I heard on an old 528i was not too loud, but you can add a center resonator if you really value quiet. Let me know if you hear of any other alternatives.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index