Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Thomas
02-12-1999, 01:00 PM
Having just bought an 84 733. Now my wife is wanting an 88 or 89 750il and I really know nothing about them other then being able to buy low milage ones in good shape for about $8900. How good are they? How expensive are the parts and what are the common failures on them? Thanks everyone!

steve
02-12-1999, 02:25 PM
Check out Automoblie Magazine "Depreciation Corner" section I think Jan or Dec. From what I remember "Engines are bullet proof look for 300K, exhaust manifold gaskets need replacing every 60K<br>Rear shocks load levelers go at 130K $600-700 per set. Overall get one in good shape and maintain, it will last."<br>Hope this helps!!!<p><p><i>: Having just bought an 84 733. Now my wife is wanting an 88 or 89 750il and I really know nothing about them other then being able to buy low milage ones in good shape for about $8900. How good are they? How expensive are the parts and what are the common failures on them? Thanks everyone!<p></i>

Ray
02-12-1999, 02:44 PM
<i>: Having just bought an 84 733. Now my wife is wanting an 88 or 89 750il and I really know nothing about them other then being able to buy low milage ones in good shape for about $8900. How good are they? How expensive are the parts and what are the common failures on them? Thanks everyone!<p></i>Just keep about $1500 dollars in your wallet for the little unexpected things that go wrong with these cars.<br>The self leveling systems will cost you,Electric seats can fail, Auto trans have had problems,other electrical problems on these early cars Intake and exhaust manifold gaskets go bad.They are not to bad if you like to do some of the work yourself. Good luck Ray

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index