Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bullet
02-14-1999, 10:41 PM
Can anybody in this message board point out the major differences between the afore mentioned cars?<p>Thanks<br>

Edward
02-15-1999, 10:53 AM
<i>: Can anybody in this message board point out the major differences between the afore mentioned cars?<p>: Thanks<p></i>Well first of all they have different bodies all together...The L7 being a car produced as the "Fully loaded luxury edition" of the E23 style and only in '86 and '87 the 750iL started I think in '88/'89...The L7 had the same motor (3.5L) six as the 735i, The 750iL has the 5.0L ( expensive to maintain ) V12... I'm not clear on your interest - meaning if your looking to buy one or the other - to me the L7 is a fantastic buy for the money ( should be around $6000 ) and it has to some people a collectors value... They didn't produce that many, and only produced it for the US market...The 750iL is a fast and bold car a few more options, but a lot more cost not only for the car but in maintenance...<p>Good luck, Freude am Fahren!!!<p>Edward

Bullet
02-15-1999, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the information Edward though I read somewhere (probably some other BMW site) that there existed a L7 version of the current 750iL. I was wondering if you could shed some light on that version.... If Im not mistaken, it had an even longer wheelbase and more unimaginable options.<p>Thanks Again!

Edward
02-16-1999, 11:21 AM
<i>: Thanks for the information Edward though I read somewhere (probably some other BMW site) that there existed a L7 version of the current 750iL. I was wondering if you could shed some light on that version.... If Im not mistaken, it had an even longer wheelbase and more unimaginable options.<p>: Thanks Again!<p></i>NO problem!!! The 750i"L" compared to the 750i is that the "L" version has a longer wheel base as does the 740i vs. the 740i"L"...that's pretty much it...Oh, Yeah, and a couple of more options...If you seen a 750iL lettered "L7" I would love to see it!!! Best of luck!!!

Martin Lemke
02-18-1999, 07:43 AM
: : Thanks for the information Edward though I read somewhere (probably some other BMW site) that there existed a L7 version of the current 750iL. I was wondering if you could shed some light on that version.... If Im not mistaken, it had an even longer wheelbase and more unimaginable options.<p>: : Thanks Again!<p><br>Edward,<p>youre absolutely right. The L7 is a 750iL stretched by 25cm / 10in exactly where the b-pillar usually is. So, still 4-seater, but loads of legroom. <br>It was usually designed for the asian market, but due to overwhelming demand can be bought everywhere, if you like to. It is built by BMW-Individual, so every car is a unique one; 300 a year. Standard is everything, including navigation, full leather, second two-zone climate control, fridge behind rear armrest, hidden tumblers, double telephone, double radio/OBC, vanity mirrors/walnut tables/additional courtesy lights in back, etc. For this, it costs some DM 256.000 (compared to DM 228.000 for a fully loaded "standard" 750iL).<br>You can use the link to look at pictures of a russian road test - you can clearly see the destinatin market ;-( I think of ordering one for my company (currently I use a standard 750iL), so I have all the marketing material here with me. if you are seriously interested, I can let it be scanned for you, if you like.<p><br>Bye, Martin.

Martin Lemke
02-18-1999, 07:46 AM
<i>: : Thanks for the information Edward though I read somewhere (probably some other BMW site) that there existed a L7 version of the current 750iL. I was wondering if you could shed some light on that version.... If Im not mistaken, it had an even longer wheelbase and more unimaginable options.<p><p>Sorry, of course my message was for Bullet, not for Edward.<p>Martin

Bullet
02-20-1999, 05:44 PM
Martin,<p>Thanks for the information and link to a L7 page.<br>If you could scan the information you have concerning the L7 I would greatly apreciate it, especially since it is practically imposible to get it where I live (Mexico)<p>Thanks again<p>Flavio

MB430
02-25-1999, 03:43 PM
Whats wrong with you people, the L7 is the ugliest car BMW has ever produced, and yet you all like it?????? The L7 should be banned from production, and buy the way there is a rock group called L7, so dile no a la pirateria

MB430
02-25-1999, 03:43 PM
Whats wrong with you people, the L7 is the ugliest car BMW has ever produced, and yet you all like it?????? The L7 should be banned from production, and buy the way there is a rock group called L7, so dile no a la pirateria

GH
02-26-1999, 09:33 PM
Sorry Mr. Car you accidently got on the wrong forum.

8er
02-27-1999, 01:18 AM
it was a factory (formal lengh) limo version of the 750iL

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index