Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Darius (again)
02-16-1999, 02:10 AM
I've heard of a circuit board behind the instrument panel or HVAC panel. This panel contains batteries, that, when old and leaking, cause erratic guage flickering and make the oil service light come on. My car is suffering from this illness. If anyone can confirm and shed more light on the subject and approximate replacement costs, I'd appreciate it.

Callan
02-16-1999, 07:44 PM
The service interval board is inside the instument cluster. It runs some of the gauges and the service maintenence lights. One or both sections can act up but only the loss of the batteries usually gives you a permanent "oil service or inspection" message light. The other common problem is erratic temp. gauge or Tachometer operations. Some people can get by with just replacing the NICADs in the board but most either replace the board with a rebuilt or new part.

Darius
02-18-1999, 03:02 AM
<i>: The service interval board is inside the instument cluster. It runs some of the gauges and the service maintenence lights. One or both sections can act up but only the loss of the batteries usually gives you a permanent "oil service or inspection" message light. The other common problem is erratic temp. gauge or Tachometer operations. Some people can get by with just replacing the NICADs in the board but most either replace the board with a rebuilt or new part.<p></i>Thanx for the info.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index