Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jay
06-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Any one have any idea on how to fix this. the cargo door on my 2000 ML320 is stuck I can't open it.

James
06-24-2006, 10:02 AM
When you try the outside handle (above the number plate) do you feel it's trying to open the mechanism or is there no resistance on it?

If no resistance then one of two things has happened:

1) The connector rod which joins the handle to the lock, has come adrift. Or:

2) The motor which drives the locking mechanism has burnt out and needs replacing. It's a sealed unit and cannot be repaired, but is relatively cheap to replace.

If your ML has an inside handle to open the cargo door and you can both unlock and open the cargo door from inside, then your most likely problem is the locking motor.

If the outside handle is resistant to pulling, then the most likely problem could be corrosion of the lock.

Jay
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks for your reply James. It was just like you said the motor which drives the locking mechanism has burnt out and needs replacing. I appreciate your help thanks again.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index