Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

BCM3
06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Coupe? Just wondering what others are going to do to protect the front paint work from chips...I know Griots is selling a spray on type clear bra as well.

Thanks in advance....

rca06mCoupe
06-26-2006, 03:31 PM
accessories for Z/ZM Coupe has "parts" listed which appear to be the same type of product-- I don't know if it is their own or some other brand.

caylan
06-26-2006, 03:48 PM
drive back. Still not sure if it has the same lifetime warranty that 3M offers...

BCM3
06-26-2006, 04:11 PM
down a kit before the car is delivered...dealer doesn't install such kits so that is another challenge. How do you like the appearance of the Venture Shield? My car will be Interlagos so I know it (clear bra) will be somewhat visible but I would rather live with that instead of all the potential rock chips.

spindoc
06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Lamin-X may already have a kit of protective film for the car. They are a great outfit, and supply 12 mil film (instead of the usual 8 mil) for areas that take the most pounding like side sills, etc.
Lamin-X (http://www.lamin-x.com)

rca06mCoupe
06-26-2006, 08:00 PM
I hope they make a piece for the front fender, lower area behind front wheel, before door. That area seems to take a lot of abuse from road tar, at least it did on my M3 and the Stoneguard did not protect it (because they did not cover that spot)

BMW will have a "part" for the rear fender (behind door, before rear wheel) #82 11 0 151 265, but nothing for front fender. That took some abuse in the M3 but not nearly as bad.

Also, the M3's rear bumper, left and right ends in particular would have benefited from protection, road tar and exhaust fumes. BMW does not advertise a rear bumper guard though they offer the front for the Z4 coupe(s).

caylan
06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
cut out those pieces & apply for you.
On my '00 MCoupe, the 3M installer cut addl pieces for the:

Length of the each side skirt & underneath rear bumper behind the rear wheels.

rca06mCoupe
06-27-2006, 03:18 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index