Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

psc23m3
07-05-2006, 12:56 PM
what mileage is the max allowed on the service indicator before you can bring it in? For inspection II--

StoneWalk
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Service is due when the counter goes to 0.

They won't perform service more than a few hundred miles early, especially under free-maint since doing so could allow you better odds of getting an extra free service or two within th 4yr/50k limit.

As for procrastinating? I suppose you could stall indefinitely - your oil would get more dirty, and you might be overdue for a valve adjust... not sure why BMW would care - they'd just do what's needed when you bring it in.

At some point, you'd roll into the next major service, but that's moot at Insp II, since it'd just mean changing the oil twice :)

StoneWalk, Santa Barbara California

psc23m3
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
i extended my maintenance and it expires 9/2--im due for inspection II in 1650 miles, so im trying to guage when in august i should schedule it for--dont want to get there with it still stating 200 miles until service and have them turn me away---

StoneWalk
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I think somewhere over 400-miles-early the dealership can get dinged by BMWNA for giving free maintenance "too early", but enforcement appears to vary from one dealer to another.

StoneWalk, Santa Barbara California

psc23m3
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM
they would do it--i should be way under by then anyhow--thx

sierrarot328
07-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Just asked my dealer (BMW of Dallas) the same question. . .

They said that for an oil change they have to see 999 miles or less on the service indicator.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index