Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Light bulb error messages

randallgclark
07-06-2006, 07:47 PM
My wife's 2001 C240 is giving false error messages about bulbs being out. Its currently telling me the left taillight is out and the back-up bulb is on. It also tells me the left low beam headlight is out. All these bulbs are functioning normally and I have been unable to figure out how to clear the messages. I've tried changing the bulbs with no success. Is this a normal occurance?

RandyRandy
'88 735i - 5 speedhttp://forums1.roadfly.com/preferences/showsigimage.php?img=30125

rwok
09-21-2006, 06:17 PM
Your bulbs must be of the same type. The bases of the bulbs must be silver not the copper looking type. They have diff. resistancees. As for the head lights the same rule applies. I just went through this with my wifes 02.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index