Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Significance of no chrome trim on taillights?

JohnG
07-20-2006, 10:08 AM
I see a few XJ8s and XJ8 Ls that lack chrome trim around the taillamps. Thought it was standard? Does it indicate a Hertz car or something? I ask becasue the most recent one I saw I did a quick walk around of, and it's a very low, possibly no option car - no heated seats, no xenons, no nav.

Kaptain
07-25-2006, 11:58 PM
They've done that since the 2005 model year, except for the Super V8, XJR, and maybe the VDP.

JohnG
07-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Are you sure? I didn't think that was the case. Most 05+ XJ8s I see have chrome trim on the taillamps

Like this one (http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=2946A)
And this one (http://www.texascarsdirect.com/PublicWeb/UI/WebForms/InventoryDetail.aspx?id=5263B)

And my friends 06 XJ8 has it as well.

Russ
09-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I have a 05 xjr with no chrom trim around the rear lights. I would actually like to see the option to delete chrome from around the windows also and be able to go all black

borgron
09-13-2006, 09:41 AM
The XJRs have traditionally had less chrome. All that I've seen have no chrome around the taillights; all other XJs should have the chrome. IMO, the best looking XJ is the 2002 XJR100 limited edition. No chrome trim; special dark charcoal paint; super Milan wheels, special trim inside. I drove a used one about a year ago and still regret not buying it.

ron

4RE
09-21-2006, 04:39 AM
Chrome taillight trim was standard on all 2004 XJs.

In 2005 Jaguar decided the XJ8 and XJR should have black taillight trim. The Vanden Plas and Super V8 continued with chrome taillights.

In mid 2005 Jaguar changed their mind and decided the XJ8 and XJR should have chrome taillights again.

All 2006 XJs have chrome taillights.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index