Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

rwesley
07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
is it possible to get the new XK or the new XKR with a stick shift?

Vic
07-24-2006, 07:52 AM

Kaptain
07-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Would a ZF manual transmission fit?

rwesley
07-28-2006, 11:34 PM

rwesley
07-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Why doesn't Jaguar offer a stick shift in the new XK? It can't be a serious driver's car without stick shift. They are going to lose legions of people like me who love the design of the new car, but demand a stick shift for a real drivers car.

I love the new Jag, but if I can't get a stick shift, I am going to get a Porsche or BMW 6 series.

Why wouldn't Jaguar just offer it as an option?

Is it possible to get a manual transmission installed in thge after market?

Kaptain
07-29-2006, 04:28 AM
It has been done in the XK8/XKR.

Didn't Arden do it?

Jose'
07-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I agree that a stick shift or even better a 7-speed DSG should have been optional but the paddle shifts are the real deal. They can change gears faster than any human possibly can and according to Car and Driver, "The paddle-directed fast upshifts and blipped downshifts lend real sporting character, and on several occasions we found ourselves drawing to a stop and pulling both paddles to find nuetral, the way it's done in Ferrari's and Lamborghinis. That's how authentic the driving experience is."

jaxjag
07-29-2006, 11:19 AM
wrong! the XK/XKR also features console shifter besides steering wheel mounted paddle shifters- which ARE functional (I've test driven).

Vic
07-31-2006, 08:23 AM
They all have a console shift, the question was is a manual shifter available, and it is not.

mfling
07-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I think Jag's market is aimed at luxo-GT crowd, and not the sports car types. Long distance, relaxed cruising compared with the track types. Unfortunate, but smog certifying a stick these days for the U.S. market probably exceeds the ROI of a few sales.

I agree though, the R should have a proper 6 speed stick.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index